Thursday 23 August 2012

My First Post :)

Here we go...

So this is my first post and already I have made an error when it comes to creating a blog...

Being the absolute genius that I am, when I was asked for my google mail account, I put in my University one...bad move!

This now means that I can't delete it because the Uni are the ones that have control of my account. Rest assure, this is a new one that I made within 5 minutes of making my first account. There is now a random account out there which is mine but belongs to my Uni...this will never be used haha!

How I manage to make such a blunder before even writing a post I don't know however, it is more than typical of me to do something like this.

Onto more pressing matters, I am a student going into my second year at Uni in September. Not gonna lie, I am more than excited but nervous...what is wrong with me? Freshers, I can understand why you are nervous but trust me, you will have the time of your life. Second years however should not be nervous I don't think and for some reason I appear to be. Please tell me I'm not the only one. Here's praying.

Why I have only just decided to make a blog I don't know as I have being doing jack all with my summer. I have been on holiday to Tenerife with a friend which was AMAZING and I have seen all my friends a bazillion times however, when it comes to actually earning money, this has not occured. Don't get me wrong, I have tried but for some reason no one wants me! Arggggh.

Things have been picking up though...

1. I have been to V fest and saw my favourite band ever again...THE KILLERS. I think my Uni friends were shocked at just how much I love them, lets just say I got some odd looks, I cried and I sang every word to every song whilst jumping like a kangaroo. My eye also got suncream in it and inflated, no word of a lie. I couldn't open it. You know in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, where Hermione blows up Harry's face so the snatchers don't recognise him? That was my face/eye...it was a beautiful sight. I had to go to the first aid tent...my life!

Some of the Uni Clan at V Fest :) There are 12 of us in total plus a few others
who stay for the weekend who we have adopted as our own,
such as my friend Charlotte's boyfriend Alex.
(This was before my eye went funny!)

2. I GOT WORK EXPERIENCE AT THE BBC! This is the best news I could have got this summer. It is my all time dream to work for the BBC in the future, preferably Radio 1. More than excited for this and hopefully will give me some connections for the future. I currently have a radio show at the Uni radio...I shall give you the link when I'm back at Uni and there is actually something being played through the airwaves.

Yeah, that's about it; I love that there are only two points but to be quite frank I am rather pleased by both.

So thank you for getting this far if you did, I realise this is the longest post ever for a first one. I shall update you as much as I can on what has been occuring in my life as well as giving a few recipes (not blowing my own trumpet but I make THE best brownies) which I will give to you at some stage once I get a few more people following my blog, some random facts that I have learnt which make me happy and no doubt Harry Potter posts will occur at some point (I'm a little obsessed). I will also probably post a few videos of music I have found that I would like to share.

Thanks for reading

Much love

<3 xx

2 comments:

  1. Ahh new blog- how exciting!

    I'm jealous you got to see The Killers! Looks like it was so much fun :)

    Excitement that you went to momentum last year, you're the first person in blogger land that knows what it is haha!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    butterflyboo@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm already addicted and I'm trying not to post something everyday :)

      It was amazing but did mean missing Momentum.
      I'm shocked; yours was the second blog I read and it was something I could actually relate to! I'm sure we will find more haha

      Maddie. Xx

      Delete