Sunday 16 September 2012

Work Experience at the BBC!! What a week

Hello everyone!!!

So this week has been totally crazy. I started my work experience at BBC Essex and my gosh it has been such an amazing week. I've learnt so much. I've been able to sit in and watch the shows going live on air, both in the producing studio next door with the big window separating it from the studio and briefly in the studio. So exciting. I've also been in the bulletins/newsroom studio watching the news be read out live which was really interesting. 

I've done some research, rang people to ask them questions and to come on some of the shows and watching how everything works in order to make a radio show. My gosh it's soooooo interesting and amazing fun. 

However, Friday has to be the best day I've had there. I was looking for themes, stories, anything really that could feature in the mid morning show. Browsing through I found one and told the one producers of that show and he loved it and told me to tell the main producer who also loved it and said we would use it as a talking point on Monday! Well, being the easily excitable person I am I couldn't stop smiling all day and worked with the producers to sort it all out! At about 3pm, one of the producers suggest we went on the streets of Essex to ask people their opinion on what we were doing and....they asked me to go out to do it!!!! I went with my microphone and asked as many people that would let me. It was so exciting. I felt so grown up and clever. It was seriously so awesome. I couldn't stop smiling all day. To give me that responsibility, I mean, I just feel so honoured that they trusted me. So, if anyone wants to listen and hear me on the radio...yes me, on the radio, tune in on the BBC Essex website. You can listen live there. It will be from 9am onwards. I'm not sure what exact time and that's if my clips were actually okay. 

I was going to ask someone to take a picture of me with the microphone but I didn't think that was professional haha! I will try and get a photo by the end of this week.

Then, to make Friday and even better day, I went to TGI Fridays with some friends for Alex's 20th birthday. She has a blog too: http://honeyteaandbiscuits.blogspot.co.uk/ check it out, she has some of the funniest stories to tell. They make me laugh so much :) she's written a post about it so if you want to know the details in full I'll leave you to read it on there; it's her birthday after all not mine :) 

 Rhianna, me and the birthday girl with her mass load of balloons

I'll give you a brief overall summary though:
  • We went to TGI Friday's and had cocktails (not me, I was driving, responsible adult that I am, ahahaha jokes, I'm really not which you are soon going to learn when I go back to uni and will have many stories from there to share with you all showing how immature I am)
  • There were a lot of balloons involved...A LOT!
  • The best burger in the world - Jack Daniels one
  • Too many laughs at how 'tipsy' Alex was
  • A free chocolate birthday cake
  • Trying to spot the oldest person in Chicagos...
It was a hilarious night, so much fun :)

This weekend has been a mishmash of trying to sort everything out for uni on Saturday as I have another week at BBC Essex so don't have the days to sort it out :)

So excited for this next week AND to be back at uni. I will no doubt keep you up to date with my moving in day as there is bound to be some disaster that will happen. 

Much loveeeeee 
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment