Sunday 2 September 2012

An excuse to draw

About two weeks ago I got a text from a friend from uni asking me to make an A4 poster thing with the letter 'P' on it so he can make a collage for his girlfriend for her birthday (daaaaaaaaaaaw, what a cutie) as she's in America for her birthday without us all :( Sad time. He asked every single one of our group and some of her friends from home and eventually with each of our letters it should spell: 
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANKIE". 

I know right, totally adorable and overly jealous that her boyfriend is that thoughtful to think of something so so cute. Sentimental, creative and cheap...idea and a half, right! 

After about two weeks of nagging me, I have finally got around to doing it today. I thought to myself that this was a massive opportunity to get my thinking and creative cap on. So I have :D Here it is:


Hope it's okay, if not I will make another one (I have way too much fun doing stuff like this). We all have to take a picture of us holding it so she knows who has done which letter too! I'll post a picture of the finished thing when I've seen it. Too excited to see what he does with it. 

After doing this, I've decided to get back into the swing of things when it comes to drawing and painting etc. so I am determined to do more, especially headshots of people. I first did this back at AS level when I did a painting of Ugly Betty (man I miss that show). They don't usually turn out like this haha!



Have you ever done something uber creative for a friend's birthday rather than buying a present?

Much Love
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment